Thursday, May 5, 2011

Surreal Design

The assignment for this piece was to create a surreal image. I focused on using mostly color to make it dream-like. The original image was just a blue sky with grey clouds so I used the lasso tool to outline the sky and I set the hue to -56 and the saturation to +34. I wanted to also create a flying animal that would never seem to fit in the desert in real life. I have always been fascinated by the poison dart frog and butterflies so I combined the two. The wings were from a pair of brown wings of which I only cropped out one. I copy-pasted it, overlapped them an adjusted the size. Afterwards I added a pattern to the layer and changed the scaling so that the wings were no longer brown. Because it was meant to be dream-like,  I did not line up the shadow with the shape of the frog and the wings. Lastly, I took one of my old pictures of a marble and placed it in the sky as if it was a distant, somewhat transparent moon or planet. THE END ^_^  .....(or is it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment